"Whether is a traditional tartan or a lighter and brighter grid, the colorful pattern never loses its preppy appeal - though it's up to you to embrace that vibe (think plaid slippers with your capris) ~ InStyle
Take full advantage of your plaid shirt this season with these easy tips that will take your look to the next level!
1. Plaid shirts are perfect for layering. Don't forget to roll up the sleeves please!
|Image Mae Badiyan|
2. A plaid shirt and jeans are anything but simple when you add the right accessories. Complete the look with the Red Sea bracelet, made with acai seeds and wood beads.
3. Who knew plaid could be so sexy? Put on a man's blazer to get this look.
|Image le 21-eme.com|
4. How to dress up a plaid shirt? Just add a statement necklace.
This is an interpretation of the plaid and statement necklace trend: simple and bold.
"The trick to wearing this trend is to either pick a neutral colored statement necklace, or one that ties into one of the colors in the plaid. " ~ Lauren Felix (Lucky Magazine Community)
You can't go wrong with this combination: plaid shirt and the Carmen necklace made with acai seeds from Irma Guzman Eco Jewelry.
|Irma Guzman Eco Jewelry Carmen necklace irmaguzman.com|
5. Team your plaid shirt with a pencil skirt and check it out: a professional look!
Ooh La La! This look is comfortable yet stylish. Get creative and wear a hat!
Pair your plaid shirt with skinny jeans and stilettos. WOW!
Tell us: Ready to shake up your wardrobe? What is your favorite plaid pick?